In applications such as games and augmented reality, being able to provide anÂ immersiveÂ experience is a key factor inÂ determiningÂ an application’s success.
Vortex Engine is a custom 3D Engine built on the principles that Algorithmia was founded on: native cross-platform realtime 3D graphics. At its most basic level, Vortex can be seen as a set of proven, reusable components that enable delivering 3D applications and games at dramatically reduced costs.
Some of the mostÂ prominent features of Vortex Engine include:
- Developed in standard C++, completely object-oriented.
- Fast and portable.
- Non-intrusive and flexible.
- Minimal external dependencies.
- Dynamic scene management.
- Automatic resource life-cycle management through reference counting.
- Rendering through the Fixed and the Programable pipelines.
- Supports OpenGL, OpenGL ES 1.1 and OpenGL ES 2.0.
Vortex is our flagship framework, designed from the very start to make extensive use of OpenGL and OpenGL ES, and to be available on a range of platforms including GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, iPhone, iPad and Windows, with support for Android devices coming soon.